Garden City Community College
The Food Science program trains you in the proper methods of handling, preparing, and storing foods to prevent foodborne illness. Preventing foodborne illness starts in production, continues to market and finally ends with the consumer.
Students can earn stackable credentials ranging from a one-day certificate to an associate degree in Food Science. Classes for the associate degree are offered in Garden City.
Earn these Credentials in 1-2 days:
- ServSafe Alcohol
- HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points)
- Beef Quality Assurance
Earn these Credentials in less than one year:
- Food Science Certificate A
- Food Science Certificate B
Earn this Credential in one year or more:
- Associate of Applied Science
Career Pathways and Average Starting Wages
- Food Science Technician: $12-$15 per hour
Contact Garden City Community College: